Jackson Gate, on the north fork of Jackson Creek, takes its name from a fissure in a reef of rock that crosses the creek. In 1850 about 500 miners worked here and the first mining ditch in the county was dug here - its water sold for $1 per inch.
Registration Date: 3/29/1933
On N Main St, 1.3 mi NE of Jackson
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing