This adobe house was built ca. 1818 by Don Francisco Avila, alcalde (mayor) of Los Angeles in 1810. Used as Commodore Robert Stockton's headquarters in 1847, it was repaired by private subscription in 1929-30 when Olvera Street was opened as a Mexican marketplace. It is the oldest existing house in Los Angeles.
Registration Date: 6/6/1934
City: Los Angeles
County: Los Angeles
El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historic Monument, Olvera St, Los Angeles
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing