This river ferry, established in 1849, was purchased by John A. Benson in 1850. In 1852, Benson laid out the then-principal wagon road between Sacramento and Stockton. Following Benson's murder in 1859, the ferry was operated by his son-in-law, Ed Gayetty.
Registration Date: 1/11/1935
County: San Joaquin
S bank of N Fork Mokelumne River 100 ft W of County Rd J8, 3 mi N of Thornton
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing