Founded in 1852 as the Young Ladies' Seminary of Benicia, Mills College was acquired from Mary Atkins by Cyrus and Susan Mills in 1865 and moved to its present site in Oakland in 1871. It was chartered as a college by the State of California in 1885.
Registration Date: 9/6/1964
City park, Military W St between 1st and 2nd Sts, Benicia
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing