FIRST JEWISH SITE IN LOS ANGELES
The Hebrew Benevolent Society of Los Angeles (1854), first charitable organization in the city, acquired this site from the city council by deed of April 9, 1855. This purchase of a sacred burial ground represented the first organized community effort by the pioneer Jewish settlers.
Registration Date: 1/26/1968
City: Los Angeles
County: Los Angeles
Chavez Ravine, behind US Naval and Marine Corps Reserve Center, 800 W Lilac Terrace near Lookout Dr, Los Angeles
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing