Skip to Main Content
Menu
Contact Us Search
OHP Title

BALBOA PAVILION

Historical Landmark

Description:
This is one of California's last surviving examples of the great waterfront recreational pavilions from the turn of the century. Built in 1905 by the Newport Bay Investment Company, it played a prominent role in the development of Newport Beach as a seaside recreation area. In 1906, it became the southern terminus for the Pacific Electric Railway connecting the beach with downtown Los Angeles. The railway's Red Cars connected the beach with Los Angeles in only one hour. This property was also listed in the National Register of Historic Places on 5/17/1984.

Registration Date: 12/15/1983

Location:
City: Balboa
County: Orange

Directions:
400 Main St, Balboa

Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing