Pleasants Ranch consists of thirteen contributing buildings and structures and several landscape features dating to the late 19th and early 20th centuries that are associated with the fruit growing and shipping industries which characterized the economies of northern Solano, as well as Yolo, Sonoma, Napa, and Sacramento counties. All the buildings were constructed by William J. Pleasants who established his ranch in 1856 and continued farming it until his death in 1919. The property continues today to function as an agricultural operation in the ownership of Pleasants’ descendents. The property was listed at the local level of significance under under Criteria A and C in the areas of agriculture and architecture during the years 1856-1919. As a large, prosperous fruit and stock raising ranch from the late 19th and early 20th centuries, the property is associated with an important period of development of Solano County agriculture. The property is also an excellent example of a turn-of-the-century ranch complex with the architect designed 1890s farmhouse, and many of the farm buildings and landscape features intact.
Registration Date: 4/7/2006
8212 Pleasants Valley Rd.
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing